WHO SHOULD BE BAPTIZED?
All people who have made the decision to surrender their lives to Christ.
Acts 2:41 Those who believed and accepted His message were baptized.
Acts 8:13 Simon himself believed and was baptized.
HOW ARE WE TO BE BAPTIZED?
1. Like Jesus was baptized—by being immersed in water.
Matthew 3:16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water.
2. Baptism in the Bible was by immersion under water.
Acts 8:38-39 Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him. When they came up out of the water…
3. The word “baptize” (the Greek word “baptizo”) literally means “to dip, to plunge.”
4. Baptism is the best way to picture the burial and resurrection of Christ.
1. Baptism is a symbol of Christ’s burial and resurrection.
1 Corinthians 15:3-4 Christ died for our sins…he was buried…and he rose again.
Colossians 2:12 For when you were baptized, you were buried with Christ, and in baptism you were also raised with Christ.
2. Baptism is a symbol of your new life as a Christian. It is the outward symbol of the commitment you made in your heart.
2 Corinthians 5:17 What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!
Romans 6:4 By our baptism then we were buried with Him and shared His death, in order that just as Christ was raised from the dead also we might live a new life!